- Widest range of FBG specifications, combined with the broadest variety of fibers.
- Manufactured in the industry leading large scale production process.
The engionic Femto Gratings GmbH was founded in 2013 and is the first commercial supplier of femtosecond-Laser-written Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBG) worldwide. engionic Femto Gratings provides FBG, that open up completely new sensing possibilities for a wide range of industrial and medical sensing applications. Whether you are looking for individual sensing solutions or highly specialised applications, engionic Femto Gratings guarantees high customer value in terms of quality and cost efficiency.
In contrast to conventional FBG solutions, we can write FBG into all optical transparent fiber materials with a wide range of specifications and a broad variety of fiber coatings. Our available fibers cover high-end specialty fibers as well as low-cost commodity fibers. Our production process is highly automated for large quantities, but at the same time it is flexible enough to realize customized, single unit products. The manufacturing setup enables us to produce customer-specific FBG on short notice with minimum delivery times.
engionic Femto Gratings GmbH is part of the engionic Group.
Highest specification variety with a comprehensive portfolio of product specifications, the realization of customer individual requirements and the FBG inscription into customer specific fibers
Highest production capacity based on a large volume production process with multiple-shift operation and industry leading degree of automation
Highest efficiency due to a high degree of automation and large scale production that results in a significantly higher efficiency compared to other FBG manufacturing technologies
Highest quality with inline quality control, reporting and documentation, inline strain tests and industry leading delivery lead times
HIGHLY VERSATILE APPLICATIONS
Due to the extreme flexibility of the fs-writing technology, we can serve a broad range of FBG sensing applications. Along with special FBG for temperature, strain, pressure and vibration measurement, it is possible to provide long-range FBG arrays of several kilometers length with single FBG distances of only a few mm. Due to their high temperature stability and strength, fs-written FBG can be used very effective in harsh and/or demanding environments.
FEMTO Gratings show extreme temperature stability and can be used for sensing up to 1,000°C
- Stainless steel manufacturing
- Industrial process control
- Turbine monitoring
- FemtoPlus Gratings eliminate negative polarization effects on measurement accuracy
- The technology allows to use specific pure Silica core fibers, which show highest temperature stability
FBGs are often applied to control several safety and productivity relevant parameters in wind turbines
- Measuring of turbine load to prevent overloading and to assure operation in load-optimized manner
- Measuring of individual ice deposition for safe shut down and automated restart of turbines in case of ice events
- FBG based measurements are immune to electromagnetic interference and able to survive lightning strikes
- High measurement speed and accuracy ensure effective operation of wind power plants
The FBG technology is widely used for the surveillance of structural health parameters
- Monitoring of structural health parameters of civil structures, such as bridges, dams, tunnels (…) during construction, design validation and life time operation
- Typical monitored parameters are strain, displacement, water level or temperature
- Highly efficient production line for quasi-distributed sensing arrays with up to several thousand FBG per sensing cable
- Cost-optimized for OTDR and OFDR based systems and narrow FBG spacing from 1mm
engionic Fiber Optics GmbH has been designing and manufacturing tailor-made fiber optic light guide solutions and fiber optic sensors since 1992.
engionic Femto Gratings GmbH is the first commercial manufacturer of Fiber Bragg Gratings based on a complex and highly automated fs-laser inscription process.
engionic CNC GmbH is specialized in the production of CNC components, made with an exceptionally high level of precision and quality.